The holidays are right around the corner, and holiday parties are in full swing. As fun as these festivities are, they can be nerve wracking for some people.
Some of these challenges include:
- Social anxiety. This is something that can be felt by even the most social butterflies. It can strike at any time and cause paralyzing fear or desire to escape. This can be hard if you are attending a party with friends and family, or a work related event.
- Alcohol consumption/Dehydration. The holidays are notorious for overconsuming alcohol. It is a time to be jolly and merry, and frequently comes hand in hand with indulging in these types of beverages. When visiting with your loved ones or partying with friends, it can be easy to overdo it. Excessive alcohol turns into dehydration, leaving you feeling sluggish and sore.
- Too many sweets. Another thing that the holidays are known for is enjoying sweet treats. Who doesn’t love a warm pie or Christmas cookies around this time of year? If you are eating healthier, it can be easy to derail when you spot a table full of goodies at a party.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder. Approximately 10 million Americans experience Seasonal Affective Disorder. This is a form of depression that is inspired by the long nights as we see only 9-10 hours of sunlight a day, and most people spend that time at work. This time of year can cause many people to feel blue.
Hydration is essential to unlocking your optimal health. Drinking water has proven a plethora of benefits:
- Boosted energy- Drinking enough water has been proven to support a healthy heart and normal blood pressure. An adequate amount of water in your body will ensure that it can produce enough lymph, which is vital for overall health. Water keeps your organs functioning as they should and in turn increases your energy levels.
- Improves skin- If you see someone with glowing skin, you can be sure that they drink plenty of water. Water will assist in flushing out unwanted toxins and impurities that will prevent your skin from becoming clear. It will help increase the blood flow to your skin that evens out your complexion, giving it the radiant look.
- Aids in digestion- Especially for those that experience digestion issues, drinking water is the perfect natural remedy. Drinking more water before, during, and after a meal is sure to break down your food faster than if you were not. This will help decrease the likelihood of uncomfortable bloating.
- Prevents headaches- When you experience dehydration, you may have noticed that you have a headache as well. This is because when you are dehydrated, your body does not have the fluids it needs for your brain to function to the best of its ability. Your brain will shrink very minimally, causing your brain to move away from your skull. This is what causes the pain you feel!
When traveling or spending time with family or friends, the last thing you want is to become dehydrated. You may notice you are dehydrated if you notice that you have a headache, dry mouth, or dizziness. Some other symptoms you should be on the look out for are:
- Urine infrequency
- Dry skin
Dehydration can become a serious problem quickly and should be addressed as soon as possible. To combat dehydration, Vitalyte has created an electrolyte drink that supports any active lifestyle. Their formula is low in sugar and sodium to provide you with lasting energy and increased hydration.Vitalyte packaging has options for single serving packets, perfect for taking on the go. They can be poured into a water filter bottle to hydrate when traveling. Due to their convenient packaging, they make a thoughtful gift for anyone looking to improve their hydration health. Visit our store to get yours for the holidays