Every Halloween party starts with a Spooky Halloween Fruit Punch.
When hosting any get-together amongst friends or families, it’s super important that your guests have hydration throughout the event (especially if alcohol is involved!). So what are the risks of dehydration during a party?
What are some causes of dehydration?
Overheating is a common occurrence when it comes to any social gathering hosted both indoors and/or outdoors. And if your guests are drinking alcohol, they can become dehydrated quickly as it has a diuretic effect on the body, meaning it causes you to urinate more frequently.
No one wants to end their Halloween celebrations early due to an injury. Staying hydrated throughout an energized party can help lubricate joints around the body, leading to more nimble and swift movements on the dance floor. It can also prevent body aches and soreness within your body after a fun night out at the biggest Halloween party in the neighborhood.
How do we prevent dehydration?
If you don’t want to feel like your body is drained of energy and nutrients the next morning after a hard night of Halloween partying be sure to hydrate before, during, and after the event.
If you feel yourself forgetting to hydrate throughout the Halloween festivities, adding electrolytes would be the most efficient way to help keep your body hydrated with little to no effort. Remembering to hydrate your body with electrolytes as a pre-game is very important as it helps gather all the nutrients your body needs to help you regulate your body temperature and keep you from feeling groggy the morning after.
Spooky Halloween Fruit Punch has been a fan favorite at all the Halloween parties in past and present years. Whether you are hosting or bringing a party favor, Spooky Halloween Fruit Punch is something all the guests will enjoy. Show that you care about your party guests by keeping them hydrated with this Spooky Halloween Fruit Punch at your next Halloween gathering!
Here is a recipe for Vitalyte’s Spooky Halloween Fruit Punch
(serves about 12-15 people)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 3 cups Tonic Water or Sparkling Water
- 6 cups Cranberry Juice
- 8 scoops of Vitalyte Electrolyte Replacement Drink Mix: Cranberry Frost Flavor
- 3 cups Ginger Ale
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Limeade
- 3 Latex Gloves
- Orange Slices
- Mixed berries of Choice
- Fill 3 latex gloves with water, tie the ends and place them in the freezer overnight or for about 5-6 hours. This will be the ice to our punch.
- In a large bowl add the 3 ½ cups of water and 8 scoops of the Vitalyte Electrolyte Replacement Drink Mix: Cranberry Frost Flavor. Mix thoroughly.
- Next, add in all the other liquids in any order you’d like: water, tonic water or sparkling water, cranberry juice, ginger ale, pineapple juice, and limeade. Give all that a good stir.
- Thinly slice some oranges and add them to the bowl of punch, along with the washed mixed berries of choice.
- Lastly, take the frozen latex gloves out of the freezer. Remove the latex gloves from the ice and place the ice into the bowl of punch.
- Serve and enjoy!